A New Years Resolution For The Jets, Giants, and Bills
With 2017 looming right around the corner we need to look at what the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, and Giants have to do for this upcoming year. I'll tell you what each team's New Years Resolution should be.
New York Jets
- Forget whether or not they will need a new head coach for next season, they need a Quarterback that will give their fan base some confidence for the future. Obviously, Ryan Fitzpatrick won't be resigned after this season; we've only seen a small sample size of Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg hasn't seen a snap. The Jets need to decide whether or not their Quarterback for the future is on their roster already or if they need to address this issue through the draft or free agency.
- Now the Bills have gotten a headstart on 2017, after getting rid of Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan, they will now be searching for new coaching candidates. The Bills could go opposite of Rex Ryan and hire an offensive minded head coach. In my opinion here are some of the coaches that will be on the short list to replace Rex Ryan in 2017.
- Josh McDaniels (Patriots Offensive Coordinator)
- Todd Haley (Steelers Offensive Coordinator)
- Tom Coughlin (Former Giants Coach)
- Kyle Shanahan (Falcons Offensive Coordinator)
New York Giants
- For the Giants, Win The Superbowl and let the defense carry the team once again. Fans have seen this story before, and it looks like we could be in for another Superbowl run led by the defense. Now this could set up to be a repeat of their last two Superbowl Championships when they defeated the New England Patriots in both appearances. After already being the presumed favorites to come out of the AFC the Patriots road to get to the Superbowl just got easier after Derrick Carr broke his fibula. Now it's up to the New York Giants to set up a rematch and fulfill their new year's resolution by bringing back the Lombardi Trophy.