Giants Training Camp Notes 7/29
The weather was better at camp today; the Giants were back down on their normal fields. Here are my notes from today’s action.
- No pads. According to Coughlin, full contact practices will begin tomorrow.
- Michael Boley sat out today, tweaked his hamstring at the end of yesterday’s practice. Coughlin didn’t seem concerned when asked about it.
- Martellus Bennett has a big day, including a physical grab in traffic with Phillips and Rolle draped over him. I asked Coach Coughlin after practice what he thought of Bennett so far; “He made a couple plays today, its good to see him out there healthy and running.”
- Greg Jones has been playing OLB. He played MLB last season after Goff went down, but was outside in college, where he was the '09 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year.
- David Wilson’s speed may be exaggerating the point, but D.J. Ware looks slow. No explosion, not hitting the holes. Interesting to see what team he gets reps with going forward. Bradshaw, conversely, looks healthy. Sharp cuts, broke multiple big runs.
- Jernigan back with 1st unit returning punts, Randle also returning. No Wilson.
- Ryan Perrilloux is extremely indecisive. Talking to a writer from SB Nation, he referred to him as “Paralyzed Perrilloux.” Terrible read progression. Very strong arm, lacks consistent accuracy.
- David Carr still breaking the pocket too quickly, struggling to keep his eyes down field. Cant teach an old dog new tricks.
- Barden looked solid, though he seemed to be getting work in behind Jernigan and Randle. Hixon has been slotting in where Nicks would be, could be a sign that the 3rd WR spot is his to lose.
- 3 practices down, Amukamara still up. Better start than last season...