NYRA Extends Deal With NBC Sports Group
The NBC Sports Group announced this morning an agreement with the New York Racing Association to extend the “Summer at Saratoga” series through 2013.
The network also announced a tentative 2012 schedule, which listed three fewer shows, but has two — including Travers Saturday — of two hours.
This year’s inaugural venture featured eight hour-long shows — three on NBC and five on Versus.
In a statement announcing the renewed deal, NYRA president Charlie Heyward said:
The NBC Sports Group’s landmark coverage of this summer’s Saratoga meet was phenomenal. NBC and Versus took everything that is special about Saratoga, from the incredible racing to the unparalleled fan experience to the storied history and beauty of the track and the town, and conveyed those elements to viewers across the country.
The tentative schedule for the NBC Sports Group’s live coverage in 2012:
- Saturday, Aug. 11 – 6-7 p.m. ET – NBC Sports Network *
- Sunday, Aug. 12 – 4-6 p.m. ET – NBC Sports Network *
- Saturday, Aug. 18 – 5-6 p.m. ET – NBC Sports Network *
- Saturday, Aug. 25 – 4-6 p.m. ET – NBC
- Saturday, Sept. 1 – 5-6 p.m. ET – NBC
* = Versus will be rebranded as the NBC Sports Network on January 2.