Top 5 Things Armen And Levack Will Look At During Bills Practice
Armen and Levack will be in Rochester at the Bills practice Monday morning against the Browns, broadcasting LIVE in the afternoon. Here are five things they'll be keeping an eye on:
1. Quarterback Battle - Tyrod Taylor stole the show on Friday and now, perhaps Rex Ryan's big talking isn't just that. The former Ravens backup has thus far shown that he deserves to be listed towards the top with Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel. On Monday morning, he'll begin getting his real opportunities as Ryan confirmed two days ago that Taylor will be getting first team reps this week and will get the start on Thursday night vs. the Browns.
2. Defensive line - Rex Ryan likes to create penetration from his defensive line as much, if not more, than anyone in the league. With Marcell Dareus is arguably the most important piece of this puzzle and he has his own questions with a rocky off-season. But with Dareus suspended for the first game of the year, are Corbin Bryant and Stefan Charles adequate names to provide depth on the interior of the defensive line? Let's take a look.
3. Stephon Gilmore - The 2012 first round pick needs to become an elite cornerback for the Bills this year. Rex Ryan loves to blitz, which will put more pressure on the secondary and Gilmore is the best corner they have but he needs to now play like one of the best in the league because of lack of depth behind him. Is he ready to take on this kind of role and pressure? Let's get a sneak peak as he goes one-on-one with Browns wide receivers.
4. IK Enemkpali - Never have we kept such a close eye on a guy that may or may not make the 53-man roster. But if Enemkpali goes from the guy who took out the Jets starting quarterback for 10 weeks to making the rival's roster? This could be an interesting story line moving forward in 2015.
5. The Running Game - Rex Ryan had a 'three headed monster' with the Jets last year and it ended up not being scary, at all. Does his new offensive coordinator Greg Roman has enough talent to be able to take the pressure off whoever the average (at best) quarterback is going to be for the Bills? Led by LeSean McCoy, let's see if this committee of running backs can do more than just do their part - they need to be the stars of the offense to create opportunities for the quarterback to make the right decision.
Armen and Levack are LIVE from Bills camp on Monday, August 17th - Be listening from 3 to 7p ET. Sponsored by Adidas Performance Sunwear and Dunkin Donuts.