Foreigner Is Playing the NY State Fair! Want to Open the Show?
Earlier this month we announced that Foreigner will perform at the New York State Fair this Summer and now they are looking for an opening act. What are your kids doing this August?
Foreigner will play the New York State Fair as part of the Chevy Park Concert Series on Sunday August 29, 2022 and they are looking for some local talent to perform a ten minute set prior to their show. They aren't searching for the next great garage band. You don't even need to know how to play guitar.
According to the New York State Fair press release, Foreigner and the Fair are conducting a search for a local junior high, high school or college chorus to perform a 10-minute a cappella set about 30 minutes before Foreigner’s concert. Follow this LINK to enter your school of choice.
Contest rules are asking for the following requirements: See website for full rules.
- Foreigner will donate $500 to the selected chorus
- No more than 25 singers on stage
- Set begins about 30 minutes before Foreigner's set
- Content is up to the chorus
- You are responsible for your own transportation and housing.
- The winner will be chosen at random from choruses deemed qualified to perform.
- The Fair will contact the winner and post information on its social media account to announce the winner.
The New York State Fair in Syracuse is scheduled to be open from Wednesday August 24th through Monday September 5th. Foreigner are the latest announcement with more expected soon.