Your Resource for Mortgages and Home Equity Loans
Buying a new home, refinancing a mortgage, or getting a home equity loan or line of credit can seem a bit overwhelming. But, it doesn’t have to be thanks to the experts at SEFCU and SEFCU Mortgage Services.
Highly trained professionals strive to provide solutions and products that truly fit the needs of each individual. In fact, SEFCU has consistently been voted the best in local readers’ polls, proving that member service is their focus.
They have a few tips for people just starting the process, too:
1) Know what’s on your credit report.That way you can clean up anything that shouldn’t be there or work to improve your credit score, if necessary. SEFCU’s Institute for Financial Well-Being offers educational webinars for all ages, including a webinar on understanding and managing credit. Click here to learn more.
2) Research the various types of mortgage loans for which you may qualify.If online research gets a little confusing, don't hesitate to reach out to a SEFCU mortgage professional.
3) Get pre-qualified so you know how much you’ll be approved to borrow.Try to resist the urge to look at houses before you're pre-qualified. You don't want to fall in love with a home that's out of your price range.
4) Choose the shortest mortgage loan term that you can afford.This will save you years of payments and interest over time.
5) Leverage the equity in your home. Home equity loans and lines of credit can provide you the cash you need to make your dreams come true from a new backyard pool to college tuition and everything in between.
Ready to get started with a new mortgage? Visit SEFCU Mortgage Services at sefcumortgageservices.com (you can apply or pre-qualify online!) or give them a call today at 518-783-1234. For Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit, visit sefcu.com or call 800-727-3328.