NCAA Brackets are Out! Regional Teams’ Match-ups
Who are the number one seeds and where will our regional teams play?
The number one seeds in this year’s NCAA tournament are Duke, Pittsburgh, Kansas, and Ohio State. Here is a list of where some regional teams will play:
- Syracuse Orange earned a #3 seed and will play #14 in the East region, which ends up in Newark, NJ
- St. Peters, the MAAC champion, is a #14 seed and will play #3 Purdue in the Soutwest region which ends up in San Antonio, TX
- St. Johns, a #6 seed, will play #11 Gonzaga in the Southeast region which ends up in New Orleans, LA
- UConn, a #3 seed, will play #14 Bucknell in the West region, which ends up in Anaheim, CA
- Boston University, the America East champs, are a #16 seed and will face #1 Kansas in the Southwest region
- Long Island, a #15 seed will face #2 North Carolina in the East region.
- Capital Region native Taylor Battle and Penn State are a #10 seed and play #7 Temple in the West region.
- Glens Falls native Jimmer Fredette and his BYU Cougars are a #3 seed and play #14 Wofford in the Southeast region.
One notable snub from this year’s tournament is, yet again, Virginia Tech! This is now the fourth straight year Seth Greenberg and his Hokies have been left out!
To view all of the brackets and teams, check out the link below: