ICYMI – The Dad Bod Debate On Levack And Goz [AUDIO]
Earlier in the day I found a survey where women said what they thought of the "Dad Bod."
Per Urbandictionary.com a "Dad Bod"
1) "Dad bod" is a male body type that is best described as "softly round." It's built upon the theory that once a man has found a mate and fathered a child, he doesn't need to worry about maintaining a sculpted physique.
If human bodies were cuts of meat, the dad bod would skew more marbled rib eye than filet mignon; or, if human bodies were sea mammals, dad bod would be more like a grazing manatee than a speedy dolphin. The dad bod is more mudslide than mountain, more soft serve than sorbet, more sad trombone than clarinet, more mashed potato than skinny fry. The dad bod is built for comfort.
2)Having a "dad bod" is a nice balance between working out and keeping a beer gut
According to a new survey in prnewswire.com, 69% of women think a "dad bod" is sexy . . . and 63% prefer a dad bod over a guy who's in crazy good shape.
The study defined "dad bod" as, quote, "relatively fit, but neither lean nor muscular." So not TOO chubby, but also not ripped or even toned at all.
Here are four more stats from the survey . . .
1. 78% of women think a dad bod is a sign that a guy's comfortable in his own skin.
2. 47% of women agreed the "dad bod" is the new six-pack. So a little extra padding is in style right now.
3. 80% of women said they'd be proud to be married to a guy with a dad bod.
4. 92% of married men with a dad bod said they're HAPPY with their marriage. 86% are happy with their life in general. And 61% said they're proud of their body.