Lace Up Schenectady and Get Ready to Run ‘Stockade-A-Thon’ 2021
With the Olympics winding down this weekend it's time to stop being an athletic supporter and hit the streets as an athlete! Get ready for 'Stockade-A-Thon' this Fall in Schenectady!
According to Stockadeathon.com, the 2021 version of this 15K foot race will take place on Sunday, November 14th, barring any restrictions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and early online registration is open until September 30th. Registration fees range from free to $40 and this is what you get as a participant:
- 4-color, long-sleeve tech shirts
- USATF-sanctioned 15K course through Schenectady’s historic Stockade district, beautiful Central Park, and the historic Vale Cemetery
- $5,000 is prize money for open, master, and team runners.
- Hot and cold refreshments
- A safe course
- Easy access
- ½ Mile Kids Run – free entry but pre-registration required
Here are some of the 'Do's and Don'ts' for 'Stockade-A-Thon' 2021:
- Do Not transfer your BIB to another runner. Runner could be disqualified.
- Do register in advance of the race date. Thursday November 11th is the deadline.
- Do Not wear ear buds or headphones during the race.
- Do claim your package pickup Sunday 11/14 between 7a-8:15a at Schenectady YMCA
- Do Not run with pets or strollers as this could cause a danger to yourself and other runners.
- Do Not wait until the last minute, even though organizers offer 'Last Chance' registration Friday November 12th from 4p-7p at the Schenectady YMCA.
Last years results show that Brian Reis of Cooperstown had the best time at 51:25 followed by Andy Reed of Niskayuna at 56:33 and Derek Grout of Valatie at 1:00:21. Get your full 2021 race day schedule HERE.