Poll: These Crisp Upstate New York ‘Fall Beers’ are Two of America’s Best
We've officially transitioned from summer to fall, and few areas of the country have more to offer during the fall season than Upstate New York. From the incredible natural views near the Adirondacks, to the countless apple orchards, pumpkin patches and haunted attractions, our area simply has it all during the fall.
As the seasons begin to change, many people will also change the flavors of beer that they choose to drink. If you're looking to try some of the fall beers around, two Upstate New York-based breweries have great options for you, options that were recently mentioned among the best in America.
Two Upstate New York Breweries Included in USA Today Poll's Best "Fall Beers"
A story from New York Upstate shared the news that two Upstate New York-based breweries were featured in a USA Today 10Best Readers Poll, in which readers voted for the best "fall beers" in the country.
The Autumn Rye at Lake Placid Pub and Brewery was listed as the fifth-best fall beer in the country, according to USA Today's readers. Here's a look at that brew:
Not to be outdone, the Pumking (outstanding name, in my opinion) from Southern Tier Brewing Company in Lakewood, NY was included as the ninth-best fall beer. You can see that brew here on the right:
Here is the entire top-ten list, as voted on by USA Today readers, and how the New York-based beers stack-up against the competition:
- Pumpkin Ale - Wallenpaupack Brewing Company (PA)
- Oktoberfest - Great Lakes Brewing Company (OH)
- Dogtoberfest - Flying Dog Brewing Company (MD)
- Pumpkin Spice Yeti - Great Divide Brewing Company (CO)
- Autumn Rye - Lake Placid Pub and Brewery (NY)
- Celebration IPA - Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (NC)
- Fall - Maine Brewing Company (ME)
- Night Owl - Elysian Brewing (WA)
- Pumking - Southern Tier Brewing Company (NY)
- Punkin Ale - Dogfish Head Brewing (DE)