Which 32 Countries Will Compete In The 2014 World Cup?
After years of qualifying and over 100 eliminations, the 32 nation field for the 2014 World Cup is set. Assuming that Uruguay doesn't allow six goals to lowly Jordan in the final playoff qualifying match, we now know which countries will battle it out for the world's most prestigious sports championship in Brazil. They are as follows.
North and Central America (CONCACAF)
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Mexico (qualified via playoff over New Zealand)
South America (CONMEBOL)
- Brazil (automatically qualified as host nation)
- Uruguay (qualified via playoff over Jordan)
- Ivory Coast
- South Korea
- Boznia and Herzegovina
- France (qualified via playoff over Ukraine)
- Portugal (qualified via playoff over Sweden)
- Greece (qualified via playoff over Romania)
- Croatia (qualified via playoff over Iceland)
So there you have it, your 32 World Cup combatants! These teams will be broken up into eight groups of four teams on December 6, when we will find out which teams will battle in the group stages.