$1400 Third Stimulus Could Deposit In The Capital Region By March
It looks as though Congress is closing in on a bill that would include up to a $1400 direct payment to most Americans by March. This is part of President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief bill.
According to CBS, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, “We hope to finish our markups in committee this week and then send it to the budget committee next week for them to work their will on it, then to the rules committee, and then to the floor, and we hope to have this all done by the end of February”. With a Democratic Congress, they expect to have the bill on Biden’s desk by March 14.
That means $1,400 stimulus checks would likely go out in late March. Will you get the full $1400? Here is the deal:
- $1400 - Individuals with incomes of up to $75,000
- $2,800 for married couples earning up to $150,000
- Singles who earn under $100,000 and couples who earn under $200,000 would get partial payments
- The income from your most recent tax return will determine where you fall
- Additional $1400 per dependent, including eligible (college age) adult dependents
That means those with direct deposit could get their stimulus checks in late March and those who receive paper checks or debit cards would likely expect to receive their payments later in the spring.
In addition to the money set aside for the 3rd stimulus payment there would be:
- $350 billion to cities and states
- $130 billion in school aid
- $15 billion in aid to businesses
- Unemployment extended and increased ($300/wk to $400/wk)
Hopefully some of the money being distributed finds your family quickly and with much benefit. Maybe even before April.
LOOK: Here are 25 ways you could start saving money today