Halfmoon Resident Missing! New York State Police Seek Help, Have You Seen Him?
We have been conditioned, by movies and television shows, that we have to wait 24 hours before reporting an individual as missing but that is a myth. According to the Missing New York, you should report a missing person case as soon as possible. Call 911. There is no need to wait 24 hours.
Spreading the word is also a key factor in locating a friend or family member that has disappeared. In this case, it has been one year since this Halfmoon resident was last seen. Maybe you can help bring him home.
One year after his disappearance, New York State Police continue to seek the publics help in locating a vulnerable adult that may need medical attention. 21-year-old Bilal Ashfaq went for a walk on March 16, 2022 and has not been seen by his loved ones since.
State Police at Troop G, Clifton Park have been investigating the case. Officers say that Bilal Ashfaq was last seen in the area of Terminal Road in Halfmoon, New York. Anyone with information about Bilal’s location is asked to contact State Police at 518-583-7000 or email Crimetip@troopers.ny.gov.
The Department of Justice suggests, when a loved one goes missing, collect the following to help aid the search:
- Recent photo
- Full name, nickname, and aliases
- Date of birth and age at the time of disappearance
- Detailed description including unique scars, marks, and tattoos
- Any likely destinations such as favorite places, work, or study locations
- Bank, credit card, or other financial statements
- Personal items left behind such as their purse, wallet, phone, or keys
- Social media account usernames/handles