Update! Dead & Co Weekend In Saratoga! Here’s Everything You Need To Know
For 57 years it's been a long strange trip for 'deadheads', the Grateful Dead and now Dead and Company. On Father's Day weekend the road stops in Saratoga Springs for the final time and fans from across the United States, and perhaps the world, will make the pilgrimage to SPAC.
As for the June 18th show, there is much to know before you go. We are giving you a deadHEADS-up on a timeline, parking, what you can bring in, what you cannot bring in and the do's and don'ts, which are the same for each night.
The Grateful Dead played Saratoga Performing Arts Center 4 times, including the June 27, 1985 show where 40,000 fans showed up to an amphitheater that holds approximately half that. This got the musicians banned from SPAC until 1988.
Timing for Dead & Co. at Saratoga Performing Arts Center Sunday June 18, 2023. The lines to enter the venue on Saturday were massive and the process was slow. Be patient, be kind.
- 12:00pm - Parking lots officially open - The Route 50 lot started filling up long before 12pm on Saturday
- 5:30pm - Doors to venue open
- 7pm - Dead & Co.
Saratoga Performing Arts Center - 400 Ballston Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY
- SPAC is a cashless venue (there are Cash to Card kiosks inside venue)
- Bag Policy - Make sure you have the correct type and size
- Water – an empty water bottle OR up to 1 gallon of water in a factory sealed bottle
- Lawn chairs
- Food - in a clear, 1-gallon zip-lock bag
- Cameras - nonprofessional only, no detachable lenses
- For a full list of what is permitted click HERE
- Animals -(except ADA approved service animals)
- For a complete list of what you cannot bring into SPAC click HERE