The 5 Most Likely First Round Giant Draft Picks
Fans, coaches, general managers, media, NFL players and college players about to be drafted. We are all on the clock. The 2013 NFL Draft is not far away. The Giants are likely going with a pass rusher in the first round but this is the NFL Draft, so who knows? Here are the five most likely players the Giants have on their wish list.
- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama. Pure stud. Ready to play in the NFL now. Played championship football in the best conference (SEC) in America. Groomed under Nick Saban. Blocks against the run and pass. Mechanics are top-notch. Great hands. Versatile as well, which is good for New York because he could move to the right side. The question is, Will be be around at #19 if the G-Men don't trade-up? Highly unlikely.
- Bjoern Warner, DE, Florida State. Gets off the ball quickly. The Giants love pass rushers in the first round. Warner should be available.
- Tank Carridine, DE, Florida State. FSU is loaded with defensive guys in this draft. Carridine has tremendous speed and physical ability. He, like Warner, could start right away in a few packages and succeed.
- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington. The Giants still have plenty of secondary problems, one of which is depth. Trufant is a combo corner and he can provide depth. Alabama's Dee Milliner is the best cover corner in the draft and should be long gone by #19, so Trufant is a solid back-up option.
- Alec Olgetree, LB, Georgia. Linebacker drafting for New York depends on if it brings back Michael Boley. Olgetree is a bit troubled off the field, but he brings amazing athleticism and versatility to a defense. In the end though, the Giants should stay away from Olgetree and Manti Te'o and Tyrann Mathieu. Why draft trouble if it isn't on your team now and your organization is always known for its class act ways?
By: Mike Lindsley, "Mid-Day with Mike," 1-4, Yankees pre/post game host on 104.5 The Team ESPN Radio. Follow him on Twitter @MikeLSports.