Barstool Sports Rates Fifth Capital Region Pizza of 2023 – Local Fan Appears!
The 2023 Capital Region Pizza Tour is fully underway for Dave Portnoy and the crew at Barstool Sports.
With Portnoy spending time in his new home in Saratoga Springs during the summer, he and the Barstool staff have been visiting local area pizza places, sampling slices as part of their One Bite Pizza Review series.
During a stop at his fifth Capital Region pizzeria of 2023, a local area fan arrived on the scene to help his favorite pizza slice climb the charts in the Portnoy pizza rankings.
Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy Rates 'Pizza King' in One Bite Pizza Review
After making stops in Saratoga Springs and Malta, Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy headed south to Schenectady to sample a few more slices of Capital Region pizza. Following his trip to Slice of Glenville, which performed extremely well, Portnoy visited Pizza King on Jay Street in Schenectady to sample their pie.
Here's how it went:
Here were a few of the highlights from the review video:
- Before the actual pizza review, Portnoy commented about the downtown feel of the Jay Street/Broadway area of Schenectady, describing it as a bustling city feel in that area.
- Before this review, the only things he knew about Schenectady were the Schenectady branch in the show The Office (it was actually the Albany branch, but who really cares), Union College, and snow.
- His initial reaction to the pizza was that it was a big ol' pie, with good-looking crust.
- He said the cut of the pizza reminded him of a New Haven cut, but the pizza itself did not look like a New Haven pizza.
- A local area resident showed up during the review, claiming that Pizza King was his favorite spot to grab a slice in the 518. Way to represent!
- The pizza itself was described as good, but heavy and thick, which is not his favorite style.
Dave Portnoy has rated the pizza at Pizza King in Schenectady a out of 7.1 out of 10. If you want to taste the product and see for yourself, visit Pizza King at 124 Jay Street in Schenectady (see map below), or visit their website by clicking here.