Barstool’s Dave Portnoy Would Eat This Upstate NY Deli’s Food ‘Everyday’
He may have come to sample the pizza, but it was the breakfast sandwiches that made Dave Portnoy to vow to return to the site of this most recent Capital Region pizza review.
With Portnoy spending time in his new home in Saratoga Springs during the summer, he and the Barstool staff have been visiting local area pizza places, sampling slices as part of their One Bite Pizza Review series.
Yes, the pizza was solid at this Capital Region hotspot, but it was the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich that truly took home the gold.
Dave Portnoy Samples Pizza, Breakfast Sandwich at New 'Hometown' Deli
Just like any other resident of Saratoga Springs, New York, Dave Portnoy made his way to Spring Street Deli & Pizzeria for his morning bacon, egg and cheese sandwich before his day at Saratoga Race Course began.
His breakfast trip was interrupted when, suddenly, duty called, and a pizza review was initiated. Here's how it went:
Here were a few of the highlights from the video:
- He stated that he had been meaning to try Spring Street Deli, and would often see others hanging out there before heading to the racetrack.
- He was surprised by the pizza at first glance, calling it a fluffy-looking bar pie. He was taken aback that more people hadn't recommended Spring Street Deli to him.
- He compared the pie at first glance to the Slice of Glenville pizza, which received a 7.8 out of 10 earlier in his review series.
- He said the pizza had interesting undercarriage, and was probably made in an interesting oven.
- His experience with the pizza and breakfast sandwich made him say that he would be coming there everyday when he is in Saratoga.
Dave Portnoy has rated the pizza at Spring Street Deli & Pizzeria a 7.4 out of 10, and has rated the breakfast sandwich a 9.1 out of 10. If you want to sample both products for yourself, visit Spring Street Deli at 132 Spring Street in Saratoga (see map below), or visit their website by clicking here.