Yankees Starting Pitchers Most To Least Likely To Throw A No-Hitter
Early this MLB season it's easy to start to lose hope in the New York Yankees starting rotation being able to throw a complete game no-hitter but don't give up hope just yet. There's a legit Cy Young award candidate and few other pitchers I think could legitimately cost the Beef Jerky Experience $2,000 this season. Their loss could be your gain, so here are the Yankee starters I think give you the best chance to win the 2021 $2,000 Yankees No-Hitter contest from the Beef Jerky Experience.
1) The best chance is obviously Gerrit Cole! The Yankees ace threw two complete games and one shutout in the shortened 60 game 2020 season. I expect Cole will get better and better as this season goes on.
2) Jordan Montgomery is a crafty lefty who hasn't thrown his best game yet in my opinion. I think there's a legit chance he gets dialed in one night against a team like the Orioles and at least flirts with a complete game no-hitter.
3) Just like Jameson Taillon has the "potential" to be the second-best starting pitcher for the Yankees I think he has the potential to work through a rough start and possibly settle in this season to win you $2K. In 2018 Taillon threw two complete games with one shutout, will 2021 see him throw a No No?
4) At the fourth spot on my list I'm putting a guy that's currently on the Injured List, Luis Severino. Before the injury bug bit Sevi he was the Yankees ace. GM Brian Cashman said Severino could return anywhere from June to August. When he does he could be a great shot in the arm for the Pinstripes and your bank account.
5) The Young Guns! Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt are two youngsters that could ultimately be in the Yankees starting five or six if the case may be. I'm ranking them together because I think they are both special and future starters for the Yankees.
Garcia would have to be 5 A for me. Mainly because he's with the club and healthy.
Schmidt has had a few setbacks in rehabbing his right elbow but Aaron Boone is still optimistic he'll be back this year.
6) Talented pitchers that I don't see pitching 9 innings. Corey Kluber and Domingo German can totally shut down an opposing lineup but Kluber is a little long in the tooth and German is not known for going deep in games. So I'll list them as "Long Shots".
Two-time Cy Young winner, Corey Kluber.
Domingo German once won 18 games in a season...
Make sure you sign up today for the $2,000 No-Hitter contest! It's free and any one of these guys could possibly be your ticket to $2,000.