Top Weekend Performers
It was some weekend in sports. The Knicks are dead and so is the Triple Crown in horse racing. Hockey's Rangers are in trouble and there is a new winner on the PGA Tour. Let's take a look at the Top 5 weekend performers in sports.
- Oxbow. Gary Stevens does it again. Oxbow took home the Preakness in surprising and impressive fashion and crushed Orb's (4th place) chances at the Triple Crown.
- Boston Bruins. The B's scored five goals in Game 2 including two in the third period to ice it and take a 2-0 lead on the Rangers as the Original 6 conference semifinal shifts to Madison Square Garden. Boston is too much right now for the Blueshirts.
- Sang-Moon Bae. Bae won his first PGA Tour title at the HP Byron Nelson Championship. Bae, along with many others from the Far East, continues to grow the game beyond the United States.
- Roy Hibbert and the Pacers. Indiana, with runs, shot-making and incredible defense, beat the Knicks in Game 6 at home to move on and face Miami in the Eastern Conference Finals. Roy Hibbert's block on Carmelo Anthony late in the second half proved to be a momentum shifter for the Pacers. Hibbert had 21 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks in the series clincher.
- 8 is great! Tampa Bay Rays ace Matt Moore is 8-0 after dominating the Orioles at Camden Yards with seven innings of five-hit ball. Moore is the first eight-game winner in the big leagues.
By: Mike Lindsley, "Mid-Day with Mike," 1-4, Yankees pre/post game host on 104.5 The Team ESPN Radio. Follow him on Twitter @MikeLSports.