Top 5 Games to Watch This NFL Season
The 2013 NFL schedule has been released. And now everyone can take a deep breath and be relieved. Until the games start that is. Here is a look at the Top 5 games to watch on the upcoming NFL calendar.
- Broncos at Giants, Week 2. Manning Bowl. This league is all about quarterbacks right now and not many have done it over recent years like the Manning brothers, Peyton and Eli. Plus, how many more of these do we really have left?
- Ravens at Broncos, Week 1. The defending champs head into Denver, the place where last year's Super Bowl run really started. Peyton Manning still has to be stewing over the double-overtime loss and his two picks and fumble. Hopefully for Denver, Rahim Moore can be somewhere around a football this time around.
- Seahawks at 49ers, Week 14. Get used to this being a highlight game every season. These two rising NFC West teams play the same way. Strong ground game, pistol spread offense and punishing defense. This one late in the year could also decide the division.
- Patriots at Ravens, Week 16. Colts-Patriots never got old. Neither does this one. These clubs have met a bunch of times the last five seasons. Tom Brady won't have to deal with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. And Baltimore won't have to deal with Wes Welker. The Pats beat the Ravens in the 2011 AFC title game but Baltimore took two from New England last year in the regular season and AFC championship. What will this year's match-up bring? These teams could be fighting for a top spot in the AFC playoffs in this one.
- Falcons at 49ers, Week 16. A re-match of last year's NFC title game and the last game at Candlestick Park. Plus, the 49ers added former Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin and the Falcons added former Giants pass rush stud Osi Umenyiora.
By: Mike Lindsley, "Mid-Day with Mike," 1-4, Yankees pre/post game host on 104.5 The Team ESPN Radio. Follow him on Twitter at MikeLSports.