Saratoga Season Is Almost Here And Passes Are Cheap [AUDIO]
July 11th will be Opening Day for the Saratoga Racecourse this year and NYRA Director of Communications Pat McKenna stopped by to let us know all the ways we can enjoy the Track this year.
- Opening Day for the 2019 season is Thursday, July 11. Racing will be held five days a week, Wednesdays through Sundays. Closing week will run Wednesday through Labor Day.
- There is no change to the number of live racing days at Saratoga. That number will remain at 40, the same since 2010.
- Among the highlights are the 150th anniversary of the Grade 1, $1.25 million Runhappy Travers, which will take place on Saturday, August 24.
- Another fan favorite is the prestigious Grade 1, $1 million Whitney on Saturday, August 3.
Season passes are now on sale at nearly 150 Stewart’s Shops throughout the greater Capital Region.
- A grandstand season pass is good for admission all 40 days of the meet, including Travers Day, for just $50.
- A clubhouse season pass is available for $75.
- In addition to admission for the entire meet, season pass holders get exclusive added benefits, such as a 10 percent discount on tickets to Live Nation shows at SPAC, as well as select New York City Ballet and Philadelphia Orchestra performances.
- Saratoga season pass holders also receive the bonus of virtually year-round discounts at more than 50 local restaurants, merchants, service providers and entertainment venues.
- Season passes are on sale now at NYRA.com/Saratoga and at local Stewart’s Shops.
- If you are only interested in attending the races for a few days this upcoming season, single-day reserved seat tickets are also now on sale at NYRA.com/Saratoga.
- The 1863 Club is progressing according to plan and we very much look forward to welcoming fans to this outstanding new space this season.